Holzher LUMINA 1598 Industry Edgebander Features
Adaptive trimming blade
Full adaptive trimming blades with automatic pressure adaptation to match edge thickness and height. Your advantages:
- Always the right pressure for different types of edging
- Prevents unnecessary vibration
- Reduces wear
Automatic pressure unit
The contact pressure of the individual pressure rollers is adapted perfectly to the application by an intelligent pneumatic system.
- Reduces reject quotas to a minimum
- Eliminate sample workpieces
- Optimum machining results even for continuously changing application
Automatic glue quantity control
Automatic, requirement-adapted control of glue quantity with program selection:
Always optimum glue application for:
- Various types of panels, e.g. chipboard or MDF
- Various panel thicknesses
- Various feed rates
- EVA or PUR glue
- Adaptation to processing parameters for glue from different manufacturers
LUMINA 1598 Edgebander
The LUMINA 1598 is a future-oriented milestone for edgebanders. Designed for absolute maximum performance, the LUMINA 1598 remains highly flexible, allowing adaptation to your specific requirements. Two cutter units, one corner buffing unit as well as one free space for an optional grooving unit are standard features in addition to the classic machining units. Up to 30 NC servo-axes move your high performance units to the specific machining position at the touch of a button.
Automatic cleaning routine
Integrated, fully-automatic purging routine for PUR glue at the touch of a button on the control. This process completely purges the machine, full automatically, with the correct quantity of cleaner, at the right temperature and contact pressure. (Cleaning is required after 48 h = PUR reaction time).
- Best system on the market
- PUR glue always under control
- Avoids errors during cleaning operation
Remaining glue quantity indicator
The remaining quantity of glue as well as the running meters that can still be processed are automatically monitored by a special sensor in the system and displayed to the operator on the control. Your advantages:
- Operator knows how many running meters can still be produced at all times
- Professional supervision of the cleaning process
- Optimisation of remaining quantity of glue in system at time of cleaning process.
21.5″ Touch screen color monitor with 16:9 format. High performance control with simply operation for rational machine set-up and change-over.
- Large program memory for all desired applications.
- Individual selection of units with the functions as basic setting possibilities for nominal values, path points and tool corrections.
Service reports in clear text.
- Individual management for up to ten users with password protection and individual authorisation.
- Online maintenance, rapid exchange of data with Holzher service department.
SYNCHRO edging feed
The edging magazine with synchro-drive. With its synchronous adaptation to the feed rate, this edging magazine guarantees short intervals between workpieces and simultaneously optimises edging protrusions.
Small feed angle thanks to nozzle design – easy feeding of solid wood edging up to 20 mm.
Cut edging often has small tears in the top layer. The jointing cutter unit ensures perfect glued surfaces and prepares the panels for the gluing process. Equipped with two 70 mm dia. diamond tipped cutters with AirStream technology (Holzher / LEUCO Patent). Including HSK32R chuck. For greater rotary precision, to provide smoother running, longer service life and preserve tools and motor.
With symmetrical diamond tipped cutters (dia. 100 mm) for maximum joint quality and long service life. Automatic height adjustment with two NC servo-axes.
Motor-driven pressure unit
Synchronously driven pressure unit with automatic adaptation to feed rate and NC servo-axes for motor-driven adjustment to correct edge thickness. Straight and tapered pressure rollers for perfectly glued joints.
Most powerful trimming unit in its class – edge cross-section 20 x 65 mm. With hardened linear guides for high precision trimming results up to edge thickness of 20 mm.
Flush cutting unit
High performance cutter unit for edge thickness up to 15 mm Two NC servo-axes for cutting with and without edge protrusion.
Spraying units for parting agents and cleaning agents for feed and discharge area. Anti-static, coolant and lubricant – electronically controlled by special nozzles – for a perfect edge finishing (optional).
LTronic laser edgebander
The LTronic laser edgebander was developed especially for the LUMINA series and processes all edging with functional layer on the market. Two different NIR (Near Infrared Radiation) modules are available for processing laser edging:
- NIR module for edge heights up to 23 mm (standard)
- NIR+ module for edge heights up to 45 mm (optional)
A highlight is the edging library completely integrated into the control. All of the very latest co-extruded and subsequently coated edging are already stored and can be simply selected by the user via the standard touchscreen. After the selection is made, Ltronic automatically adjusts the respective energy requirement.