Durable and Reliable
The construction of Kundig’s Premium series of wide belt sanders has been refined for decades and provides great sanding performance even after many years in service or under harsh conditions. The moving upper section of the machine allows for a fixed working height. The machine can bear processing workpieces of up to 1000 KG (2000 lb) without any modifications. Versions with inlet height of up to 500 mm (20 inch) are available.
All operations and adjustments are easily attainable – depending on preference, Kundig machines can be easily operated fully automatically, with custom automated sanding programmes, or manually, by adjusting all relevant parameters on the go. The user interface is very intuitive and motivates each user to explore advanced options and features and therefore using these precision sanders to their full potential without hesitation. Built-in safety measures eliminate the risk of major accidental operating errors. Kundig sanders are well known and appreciated for their easy handling.
The units for Kundig Premium 2 wide belt sander series are available as steel or rubberised roller and pneumatic or electronically controlled, segmented pads. A variety of planer and brush rollers are also available. As in all of Kundigs machines, the units offer a very stable support and are made for above average lifespan. For high output applications and the belt life requirements that go with them, there are several unit heights for a variety of belt lengths (1900, 2000, 2620, 3250 mm) available.
Segmented Pad E
Combined unit roller/ Pneumatic pad
Calibration Roller P
Pneumatic Pad electronically controlled
Calibration Roller R
Combined Unit K
Combined unit roller/ pneumatic pad
Calibration Roller G
Large calibration Roller
Combined Unit C
Combined unit Roller/ Segmented pad
650mm, 1100mm, 1350mm, 1600mm, 1900mm, 2200mm, other working are available on request
Well proven sanding pad technology, especially for solid timber processing. A continuous air cell provides even pressure on the workpiece.
The segmented pad is divided in segments either 35 or 22mm wide. These segments are computer controlled and preferences can easily and thoroughly be adjusted by the operator. The electronically controlled, segmented pad is especially useful for taking care of those delicate workpiece edges on lacquered or veneered parts.
Segments and therefore the sensing rollers at the machine entry are available in 35 or 22mm width. Depending on the material that needs to be sanded, a variety of sanding shoe hardnesses are available. Two different hardness shoes are included from the factory.
The machine measures workpiece thickness and starts the sanding process automatically.
The operator can choose between automated and customisable quick start programmes and manual operation adjusting all the relevant parameters.
- Various types of conveyor belts available depending on application
- For particularly small parts, a small parts vacuum can be ordered, which generates a significantly stronger vacuum effect
- For specific applications, a vacuum pump power upgrade is available
- Steplessly adjustable sanding belt speed
- Belt cleaning with air jets
- Extraction ducts
- 22mm sanding pad segments instead of the usual 35mm
Steel or rubberised, in different diameters and with different belt lengths: 1900, 2000, 2620, 3250mm
Either as add-on or as an integrated unit with a variety of brush roller types for sanding, structuring, cleaning from dust. With or without oscillation. A carousel unit for sanding of three dimensional workpiece surfaces or the rounding of edges.
- Parallel spring-loaded, steel pressure roller at the inlet
- Rubberised pressure rollers between the sanding units at the outlet
- Motor 11kW (650mm), 15kW (1100/1350mm) 18.5kW (1600mm), 400V/50Hz: with soft start for low power consumption at start up
- Motorised fine height adjustment with numerical display
- Belt tensioning, control and oscillation pneumatic, compressed air consumption. Approx 4L/min
- Optimum safety thanks to automatic immediate stop with disc brake in case of belt breakage, belt run-off, pressure door or when opening the belt entry door
- Workpiece feed 0.75kW (650/1100/1350mm) 1.5kW (1600mm) with fabric reinforced rubber transport carpet
- Entire electrical system with contactor control: automatic star delta start-up of the main motor, motor protection and ammeter for monitoring the stock removal.
- Passage height 200mm
- Sanding belt dimensions 670/1120/1350/1620 x 2000mm